Designed for Efficiency
LITTLE GIANT® chemical pumps utilize an innovative dual magnet design to drive the pump impeller, eliminating wear and maintenance problems associated with mechanical and other shaft seals. The design prevents contamination, pressure leakage and other rotating shaft problems. Magnetic coupling strength exceeds the pump head torque requirements with pumping water at full flow, establishing a positive drive system over the entire pump performance curve.
Designed for Diverse Applications
- MD SERIES
For mildly corrosive fluids such as low concentrations of acids and alkalines in the 5-9 pH range, and temperatures up to 65°C.
- MD-SC SERIES
For semi-corrosive corrosive acids, alkalines and salt solutions at fluid temperatures up to 65°C.
- MD-HC SERIES
Resistant to a broad range of highly corrosive chemistries and most solvents, at fluid temperatures up to 93.5°C. While not recommended, pumps in the MD-HC Series can run dry for up to eight hours with no apparent damage.
- MD-CK SERIES
Resistant to a broad range of highly corrosive chemistries up to 93.5°C. The MD-CK Series' impeller bushing is impervious to fluids and long-lived in abrasive solutions.
- Leak-proof, seal-less magnetic drive.
- No friction seal to reduce horse power.
- Chemicals contact only chemically resistant materials.
- Balanced drive magnet extends bearing life.
- Motor burn-out and overloading eliminated by magnet coupling design.
- Pumping heads easily serviced without special tools.
- Spindle shaft supported at both ends to prevent impeller damage during start-up and stop.
- Magnet housing insulates fluid from heat transfer from motor.
- Wide selection of materials for pump wetted components to provide best chemical resistance for application.
- Threaded intake and discharge ports are USA standard taper pipe thread (NPT).
- Motors designed to run cooler under maximum load and continuous operation.
- Motors have built-in overload protection.
- Most pump models UL Listed or UL Component Recognized and CSA Component Certified.